|5.3 Jaguar E-Type|
|Two Plus Two|
|Left Hand Drive|
23 more photos below ↓
Record Creation: Entered on 23 November 2019.
Photos of 1S71294BW
Click slide for larger image. This car has 24 photos. (Dates are when image was uploaded.)
Exterior Photos (9)
Uploaded November 2019:
Details Photos: Exterior (9)
Uploaded November 2019:
Detail Photos: Interior (5)
Detail Photos: Engine (1)
We now require an email address to leave a comment. Your IP will be recorded in an effort to reduce spam. (Report problem posts here.)
2019-11-23 09:40:11 | pauls writes:
Ebay item 11/23/19
Car has a buy it now price of $34,900 for 6 days, seller dimawatch2013, 3K miles.
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Coupe 2+2 V12 5.3L Auto
Private collection XKE Jaguar, well documented full restoration by Jaguar Specialties completed in 1986 and owned for 30 years. First year for this complete and original 5.3L V12 DOHC with 4 speed automatic, complete down to the spare. Has approximately 3000 miles on the restoration, is a 2 owner Coupe, been in Texas most of her life. A/C car, accident free, solid body and frame, very slight rust on the undercarriage.
Documented returned to service following a 3 year garage storage. 1 of 7297 produced, 80%, or 5822 as XKE’s, were exported to the US. Full documentation includes Owner’s and Workshop Manual, parts and service invoices.
FYI…The Daily Telegraph online lists the E Type as “1 of the world’s 100 most beautiful cars” of all time. The XK-E denotes U.S. import of the E Series 3.
VIN: 1S71294BW Clean Texas title
• 5.3L aluminum block V12, 272 hp, 304-lbs. ft. of torque, documented complete rebuild in 1986. Cylinder count rivaled only by Ferrari and Lamborghini.
• Oil pressure at 50 psi cold start, see video for operating temp gauge readings
• 4 1bbl Stromberg carbs, rebuilt originals.
• Lucas OPUS electronic ignition system, derived from Formula 1 racing practice
• Numbers matching Borg Warner Automatic gearbox in very good condition
• Factory A/C car, complete, will need R134 conversion and recharge
• Stainless steel exhaust in excellent condition
• Factory steel wheels with factory spare. Dunlap 205/70R/15 radials are original to the 1986 restoration, will need to be replaced.
• Power disc brakes in excellent condition
Body and Frame:
• Texas car, entire body is in very good condition, including frame rails and floors. Fenders, bonnet, top, boot, quarters and doors are all original sheet metal. Very slight rust in driver’s side rocker. Floor pans look to be original, very slight rust on undercarriage. There is a rock strike lower left frame rail and driver’s side rear brake cooling duct. See pics, additional pics upon request
• Rack and pinion steering, front torsion bar and rear independent suspension rebuilt in 1986
• Upgrade Koni Dampers, dual coil overs and an anti-roll bar
• Paint is driver quality, glossy with surface imperfections throughout, a 5 of 10, 20 footer. Will need repaint. See video.
• OEM windshield and glass is exceptional, no cracks or haze
• Lights, directionals, hazards, and stop lights are complete and functional
• Seats, carpet, door panels and dash are in good condition. Console shows some wear, head liner will need to be replaced. see pics.
• All OEM gauges are functional with exception of the clock
• Factory A/C car, complete, will need to be converted to R134 and recharged
• Original steering wheel shows wear, see pics
• Weatherstripping throughout is aged but complete
• Heater and defrost are functional
• OEM AM/FM stereo is functional
• Dash and interior dome lights are functional
“The prestigious luxury sports car from England”. You can look like a million bucks for a lot less. A true collector or investment E type, enjoy the ride or store for later! Enjoy the ride.
2019-12-01 06:26:20 | pauls writes:
Car returns to ebay 12/1/19
Car has a buy it now price of $34,900 for 6 days, same seller.